The National Institute of Management (NIM) Islamabad is a constituent unit of National School of Public Policy (NSPP) and plays a pivotal role in training and capacity building of the civil servants of Pakistan.
2. Assist in personality development and enhance communication, interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills so as to improve effectiveness and decision making at the operational/tactical level.
3. Conduct research, evaluation and analysis for policy planning and implementation at the operational level.
4. Familiarize participants with the concept, skills and tools of Performance Management including performance measurement for better public service delivery.
5. Create an understanding of the functions, administrative and financial issues, linkages, efficiency, efficacy and to develop handling capacity of provinces with respect to devolved Ministries.
6. Enhance knowledge of the Rules of Business and the government’s administrative structures generally at the strategic levels and
more specifically at the operational levels.
7. Enhance basic knowledge of economics and finance and its application at the operational and tactical levels within a strategic setting.
8. Comprehend extremism, sectarianism and ethnicity and their influence on policy at the macro level and impact on governance a
the micro level.
Dr. Safdar A. Sohail
We are imparting advanced IT training as our contribution towards the establishment of an I.T environment in the country. NIM Karachi is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art computer laboratories with Core i5 branded computers, and multimedia read more…
The Institute’s library supports the training and research activities of both the faculty as well as the trainee participants. The print collection is made up of useful materials on a broad range of public policy issues, including international affairs, social policy, read more…
NIM has air-conditioned 02 main class rooms, 14 syndicate equipped with audio-visual facilities to run courses simultaneously. Syndicate rooms for group discussions are also available read more…
NIM has two separate hostels for the participants of SMC and MCMC. Both the hostels are located within vicinity of the Institute. The hostels fully furnished rooms on single / double occupancy basis and 24/7 internet facility read more…
The institute has sports facilities available for guest / participants: Gymnasium, Tennis, In-door games (Snooker, Table Tennis & Badminton), Walking-Track Redmore…